Organization of the CAA
The CAA is organized as an aviation authority of the Republic of North Macedonia and its organizational structure provides efficient and timely execution of the safety regulatory functions described in ICAO Annex 19 and Doc 9734 (Safety Oversight System), as well as the other functions related to security oversight, economic oversight, traffic rights etc.
The main bodies of the CAA are the Management Board and the Director General. The Management Board is appointed by the Assembly of the Republic of North Macedonia. The Director General is appointed by the Management Board.
The functions of the CAA are executed by the following Divisions:
- Division of International-Legal Affairs, which is in charge of executing a part of the main regulatory functions related to regulation of safety, security, economic aspects of air transport etc.
- The regulation is a prescriptive activity of the CAA with the purpose of creating the legal framework to be applied by the aviation industry and includes drafting and enacting national regulations in order to achieve harmonization with the international and European aviation standards and regulations, as well as participation in the procedure for concluding international agreements.
- Division of Safety of Air Transport and Air Navigation, which is in charge of executing the main regulatory functions related to safety of air transport and air navigation.
The main regulatory functions of this Division include certification, oversight and enforcement measures related to aircraft operators, organizations engaged in aircraft manufacturing, design and maintenance, registration of aircraft, air navigation service providers and licencing of aviation personnel.
- Division of Safety of Airports, Search and Rescue, which is in charge of execution of the main regulatory functions related to safety of airports and airport services.
The main regulatory functions of this Division include certification, oversight and enforcement measures related to airport infrastructure operators, airport service providers, as well as organization of search and rescue of aircraft and investigation of aviation incidents.
- Division of Financial Affairs and Economic Oversight, which is in charge of executing functions related to the financial operation of the CAA, as well the economic oversight of airlines, airports and air navigation service providers.
The following organizational units function outside the Divisions:
- Cabinet of the Director General, which is in charge of internal audit, human resources and support to the activities of the Director General and
- Section of Aviation Security, which is in charge of executing functions related to security oversight of airlines, airports and air navigation service providers.
The complete organization of the CAA is shown with the ORGANOGRAM.